Tuition Free training in Agribusiness
The Agricultural and Rural Management Training Institute is happy to provide individuals who are interested with tuition-free training in agribusiness. The following training and empowerment programs are being organized by ARMTI with permission from the Federal Government through its capital budget for 2022 in an effort to increase youth empowerment, food security, wealth development, and employment.
Armti works with a wide variety of agricultural crops from the time they are planted in the soil until they are consumed, and there are numerous ways participants can work together to improve home life, raise livestock, process food, and build human potential. Through top-notch training in areas such as business management, marketing and sales of agricultural products, production, logistics, and distribution, Armti will assist the participant
The Agricultural and Rural Management Training Institute is pleased to offer free training in agribusiness to anyone who is interested. With approval from the federal government under its capital budget for 2022, ARMTI is putting together the training and empowerment initiatives listed below in an effort to boost youth empowerment, food security, wealth creation, and employment.
From the time crops are sown in the ground until they are consumed, Armti works with a wide range of agricultural crops. Participants can collaborate in a variety of ways to enhance family life, produce livestock, prepare food, and develop their own potential. Armti will help the participant by providing top-notch training in subjects including business management, marketing and sales of agricultural products, production, logistics, and distribution.
The following are the courses:
- Digitalization of Agricultural Information Services for Rural Development.
- Developing Alternative Technology for Agric Produce.
- Human Capital Development for Managing Post Harvest Activities for Nigerian Farmers
- Value Creation through Effective Human Capital Development for Selected Agric. Produce Export in Collaboration with Relevant Agencies.
- Managing Agric. Research for Effective/Efficient Food Production in Nigeria for Scientists in Nigeria (Grantsmanship: Science and Art of Grantwriting)
- Produce Value Chain Training for Managers of Inputs/Production and Marketing.
- Extension Services for Vitamin A Rich Sweet Potato/ Tubers.
- Facilitation of VCD Activities through Development of Active Change Agents.
- Farm Business Planning and Management for Graduates.
- Agripreneurship Development for Youths in YES Entrepreneurship.
- Agripreneurship Development for Women in Agriculture.
- As well as Agripreneurship Training and Development for New Generation Farmers.
- Capacity Building on GreenHouse Farming for Women and Youth
- Development of Capacity for Soilless Agriculture
- Capacity Building in Monitoring and Evaluation for Agricultural Services
- Capacity Development for Youth and Women in Agriculture Online Marketing
- Training of Extension Managers (Block Extension Supervisors)
PARTICIPANT SELECTION CRITERIA
The following prerequisites must be met by applicants in order to be eligible for this training:
⦁ Be a Nigerian
⦁ have an interest in the agribusiness/value chain.
⦁ O level certificate is a minimal requirement.
RELATED: Humbert Humphery Fellowship Program
WHO IS ATTENDING
⦁ Young Business Owner
⦁ young college graduates and professionals wishing to diversify their careers in agriculture
⦁ Unemployed Agriculture-focused youth and women
For all courses offered in Ilorin, tuition and housing are free; for courses offered in other locations, tuition is free only.
Applications should be sent in hard copy to the Executive Director and in electronic form to [email protected]
Application Deadline: May 30, 2022
Contact information for ARMTI
Agribusiness and rural management training institute, Ilorin
Km 18, P.M.B. 1343, Ilorin-Ajase-1 Highway
Tel: 07063565035, 08034445878, 07063086085
Website: armti.gov.ng; email addresses: [email protected] and [email protected]
Full information is available at www.armti.gov.ng.
ARMTI NG on Facebook, ARMTI NG on Instagram, and ARMTI NG on Twitter.
Director of Operations: Dr. O. A. Oladunni
Goals of the ARMTI
The primary goals of ARMTI are to:
Conduct applied management research, special and diagnostic studies; conduct management training; disseminate agricultural and rural information; and contribute to the creation of policies that will improve the management of Nigeria’s agricultural and rural sectors.
Goals of ARMTI
Develop relevant solutions to enhance managerial practice in the agricultural and rural sector by identifying and analyzing management challenges and needs.
Goals of ARMTI
becoming a premier management development institute that supports the creation and use of best management practices for the agricultural and rural sector
In addition, ARMTI offers library services, such as information access, library material circulation, current awareness programs, targeted information distribution, information management and scanning, and participant introduction to the library, among others.
Date of Application Closing: May 30, 2022